Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

A bit about me...

Hello! I am an 80's child and like most girls watched Top Gun more times than was probably good for me. Add to that one of my favorite uncle's being a Navy pilot and it is safe to say that my husband's profession is not much of a surprise.

In 2002 I married my own Navy pilot and realized, gasp!, Hollywood lied! Somehow the movie is not very clear on how many moves you will get to do, and do alone if your husband is able to consistently pay off scheduling to never be home for a move. They failed to mention the 6-month deployments. Oh, and those white uniforms that look so good, they forgot to tell you how you will spend the hours before he needs his Chokers scrambling throughout the house looking for various pieces and parts and being so thankful you remembered to pick said uniform up from the dry cleaner!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my pilot and we have had a great journey together both in the active Navy and now Navy Reserves, but there are times when I no longer want to hear words like flight, Navy, uniforms, airline, crew scheduling, and without question the word deployment!

In case our life was not crazy enough, he left active duty and is now a commercial pilot and in the Reserves. That 2 days a month and 2 weeks a year thing....right, so not true! Now there are 2 sets of uniform parts and pieces to hope are all accounted for at the right times. I have no idea what the man will do when he retires from the airlines and Navy, someone has been telling him what to wear since he was 18 years old. What may be more shocking for him, there will not be velcro on his clothes!  Yikes!

Thanks for listening to me ramble about our lives. I am hoping that this blog allows me to share some of the ups and downs of our life and a place to revisit when things are rough and I need a laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment